Home » Unlabelled » Official Jelly Bean 4.1.1 For Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi US
Official Jelly Bean 4.1.1 For Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi US
The Android 4.1.1/Jelly Bean OTA update for the US WiFi Xoom is now rolling out. So far only US WiFi-only Xoom (MZ604) is released, US Verizon 3/4G Xoom (MZ600/MZ602) Is not released. Follow the instructions below if you have WiFi US XOOM to get your update.
We take (this site) no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
Make sure you have: US Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi (codenamed Wingray) running stock Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
First Try: Settings --> About Tablet --> System update, If you have not done so yet.
If above method does not work try the force method below:
1. Settings --> Apps --> ALL --> Google Services Framework
- Click Force stop, Clear data, cache
2. After you click Force Stop, Clear Data & Cache
- Settings --> About Tablet--> System update.
You might have to do the force method maybe 3 or more times for it to work.
If you are still have hard time not getting the update, try the manual method update below
File: US WiFi-only Xoom (MZ604): OTA Link from Google
1. Rename the OTA file to update.zip (the file you download from above) and put it on a memory card and insert the card into a xoom card reader slot.
2. Power your XOOM off.
3. Power it on again and when you see the red M logo, press and hold volume-down till you see ‘Android Recovery’ on the screen.
4. Now enter the recovery by pressing volume-up. You will see an Android image.
5. Now press power and volume-up. You should see the recovery menu.
6. Select “apply update from USB drive”, followed by choosing the update.zip file.
The update will now start. Once it has finished, reboot your device from recovery, and you’re done
Posted by Ryuzaki ninesix | Published at 11:11 PM